The living in joint family system. According to

Thesurvey on knowledge and practices regarding safe drinking water was conductedat rural area (Ghara Tajak) of district Peshawar.

A total of 100 participants(age 13 to 65) with the mean age of 35.20 years with standard deviation of13.02 years were interviewed, of which (62%) are male and (38 %.) were female.When we analyzed our data most of the people (70%) living in joint familysystem. According to National Family Health survey III (2005-06) access towater is difficult especially in rural areas. It also estimated that only 25%of households in India had private water supply facility, 18% used public watersupply and 43% used tube wells while this study exposed that 94.

00% ofparticipants uses bore well/hand pump 5% used community well and rest of them1% used public tap water.According to SharanyaKaniambady, Dinesh Peraje Vasu, (2017) at KVG Medical College &Hospital, Sullia, Karnataka, India conducted a cross sectional which show that76.92% of the households boiled water prior to consumption, 5.76% of thehouseholds boil the water first followed by filtering the water by candlefilters, 2.69% of the households used either water filter/ water purifier,14.23% of the households did not use any water treatment methods beforeconsumption. Our study exposed that which shows that 10% boil the water to makeit safe 5% people add chlorine 17% sieve it through cloth to make the watercapable for drinking but a large number of people (68%) of that community donothing to make it safe. All these belonged to lower socio economic status andit could lead to higher chances of water borne diseases among them.

Accordingto  Pruss-Ostun A, Bos R, Gore F, BartramJ  (2008) study identify that (57.3%) clean their water source place and (42.69% not clean their well. Our studyshows that 20% clean their well once a half year 19% once a year and theremaining 55% of the population do not clean their wells. The data was analyzedof different variables which included in the study are distance between watersource and septic tank. The result shows that 22% were at 2 meter distance 26%were at 3-4 meter while 36% were at distance of 5-6 meter and 16% were at morethan 6 meter. Frequency of cleaning the well the result shows that 20% cleantheir well once a half year 19% once a year and the remaining 55% of the populationdo not clean their well.

Best services for writing your paper according to Trustpilot

Premium Partner
From $18.00 per page
4,8 / 5
4,80
Writers Experience
4,80
Delivery
4,90
Support
4,70
Price
Recommended Service
From $13.90 per page
4,6 / 5
4,70
Writers Experience
4,70
Delivery
4,60
Support
4,60
Price
From $20.00 per page
4,5 / 5
4,80
Writers Experience
4,50
Delivery
4,40
Support
4,10
Price
* All Partners were chosen among 50+ writing services by our Customer Satisfaction Team

Quality of water people use the result shows thatMajority 59% the resident of the study location pleased from their quality ofwater they received and 41% are not satisfied. Satisfaction level of peopleabout drinking water the result show that 63% of them were satisfied from thenature of their drinking water while the remaining of the people (37%) weredissatisfied. It is the task of allnurses to include health promotional and health education activities into theirprofessional roles. Water management practices and feature judgment in most ofthe households were not satisfactory in the present study.

As most of thepeople in study area were unaware of the close up connection between unsafedrinking water and diarrhea, thus showing an urgent need of health education inthis area. The United Nations has recognized access to water as a basic humanright, stating that water is a social and cultural good, not merely an economiccommodity. Provision of safe drinking water is one of the eight elements ofprimary health care to achieve goal of health. Treatment of chemically andbiologically contaminated water sources in rural areas should be done byappropriate technologies for provision of safe potable water; Community participationis required to create awareness regarding safe water practices