Planning to decorate the room of your little love? You must have made the list of some necessary and cute furniture to for your baby. When it comes to bedroom furniture for babies, there are too many colorful things that comes to our mind. But being a responsible parent you have choose everything very smartly by keeping the “safety” of your child as priority.
We have done some research to help new parents to choose attractive, safe and comfortable furniture for their baby’s nursery and playtime. Let’s start:
1. Baby cribs: As a parent you always want ensure the safety of your baby when you are not around them. Our little one’s are totally oblivious about the harm or troubles around them. Baby cribs are the most safest and lovely furniture for any baby room. We all know that babies sleep for long hours and to support their healthy development we should give them a healthy and safe environment to sleep.
2. Crib Mattresses: For a comfortable and sound sleep your baby needs a comfortable mattress. You can choose them on the basis of cost, comfort and build-quality. There are various types of mattresses available for cribs:
a. Foam Mattresses
b. Organic Mattresses
c. Spring coil Mattresses
3. Bassinets: These are also a good option to introduce to your baby’s nursery where they can have more comfort comparatively while sleeping. There is a option of keeping them next to your bed while sleeping for frequent breast-feeding. Bassinets are considered more comfortable in comparison to cribs as they offer extra coziness to the babies.
4. Tables & Changing tables: If you want to see your baby’s room organized then you should definitely go for tables. They will help you in managing various things like baby diapers, droppers, medicines, baby essentials etc. Changing tables are also a good way to handle your child safely while changing their diapers. They are safe for the babies upto age 2 for changing their diaper. All you have to do is simply lie down the baby on the table, hold them carefully and change their diaper by placing the used one in the bag attached.
5. Rockers or Rocking Chairs: These are also an essential addition to the nursery as it’s smooth motion gives a tap to babies and encourage them to sleep. This is also a best option for working from home parents as they can make their babies sleep in rocking chairs without making much efforts. Many parents are also using gliders for their little ones as they are more comfortable than rockers.. Gliders are nothing but a modified form of rocking chair which requires no effort.
Things To Keep In Mind While Buying Babyroom Furniture:
1. While buying a crib you should check whether they follow all safety standards or not. Avoid buying drop-side cribs as they can result in child injuries due to their detachable property.
2. Go for “Specially for Infant” mattresses because they are designed and tested according to the safety and health standards. These mattresses are firm unline adult and child mattresses.
3. Follow the guidelines mentioned with the furniture to avoid any unexpected issues. For Example: Every bassinet has some weight limit so do not use bassinets when your baby acheive maximum limit.
I hope this post will help you!